Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $54.47Trending at AU $58.01
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $169.35
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.48
- AU $57.00Trending at AU $70.06
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.45
- AU $12.91Trending at AU $16.90
About this product
- DescriptionThe two liars: Roger Kidd, eminent musicologist, respected teacher, devoted father; and Catherine Lapouge, enigmatic idealist, committed activist, brilliant leader. Both are at once the hunters and the hunted in this story of mystery and deceit where little is what it appears and one is quite who they say. Roger Kidd has the world--respect, a tenured position at a prestigious university, and a gifted young son. When one afteron his son disappears, everything changes. Suddenly there is one whom he can trust. As his ordered world begins to collapse, he is drawn into a high-powered cabalistic organization and the hunt for the legendary Lapouge. His search leads him through a maze of intrigue and deceit into the secretive world of eugenics and utopian ideals. Kidd's story is one of a son gone mysteriously missing and of obsession born of desperation. His relentless pursuit of his son's abductor jeopardizes his life as well as those close to him, and forces him to decide whether the truth is balanced by the pain of finding it. Lapouge's story is one of a world on the brink of destruction and a fanatical drive to save it regardless of the personal cost or the moral implications of her actions.
- Author BiographyHOWARD BURMAN has more than twenty full-length plays to his credit. His first novel, A Man Called Shoeless, has been published by Publish America. He earned a Ph.D. in dramatic literature from The Ohio State University and is a Fulbright Scholar. He lives in Felton, California and St. Gallen, Switzerland.
- Author(s)Howard Burman
- PublisherBooksurge Publishing
- Date of Publication12/06/2006
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBooksurge Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight395 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.