Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
About this product
- DescriptionSylvie Huet rediscovered her own childhood teddy at the age of 49 in a Paris fleamarket. Until then he had lived only as a memory and in family photographs. Her discovery began a trail of exploration, revealing childhood memories and family secrets. The bears that feature are aged between 44 and 103 years old - worn, stitched, and scarred, yet seemingly indestructible. Mostly they are anymous, but several have celebrity status. Amongst those included are Nana, Jean Paul Gaultier's bear with the cone bra; Grayson Perry's 'personal god' Alan Measles; Tomi Ungerer's bear, who inspired his famous children's book Otto; and Jubilee, a stuffed chimpanzee and the childhood companion of Dame Jane Goodall, w considered the world's foremost expert on chimpanzees. Sylvie Huet's portraits give the bears a dignity that befits their status in the eyes of their owners. Included are archive photographs, stories from the past, accounts of meetings and literary extracts.
- Author BiographySylvie Huet lives in Paris with her teddy 'Copain'. A Story of Bears is her third book. Her first book, BOD MODS (editions Marval), is a photographic observation of body modification. Her second, Nains et alors (editions Buchet-Chastel) questioned the way in which society views dwarves.
- Author(s)Sylvie Huet
- PublisherDewi Lewis Publishing
- Date of Publication10/11/2014
- Place of PublicationStockport
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintDewi Lewis Publishing
- Content Note64 b&w and colour photographs
- Weight544 g
- Width170 mm
- Height195 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.