All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionArriving in Istanbul as a boy, Mevlut Karata is enthralled by both the old city that is disappearing and the new one that is fast being built. He becomes a street vendor, like his father, hoping to strike it rich, but luck never seems to be on Mevlut s side. He spends three years writing love letters to a girl he has seen just once, only to elope by mistake with her sister. Although he grows to cherish his wife and the family they have together, Mevlut stumbles toward middle age as everyone around him seems to be reaping the benefits of a rapidly modernizing Turkey. Told through the eyes of a diverse cast of characters, in <i>A Strangeness in My Mind</i> Nobel-prize-winning author Orhan Pamuk paints a brilliant tableau of life among the newcomers who have changed the face of Istanbul over the past fifty years.
- Author BiographyOrhan Pamuk won the Nobel Prize for Literature in 2006. His novel <i>My Name Is Red</i> won the 2003 IMPAC Dublin Literary Award. His work has been translated into more than sixty languages.
- Author(s)Orhan Pamuk
- Date of Publication20/09/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleVintage International
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight454 g
- Width132 mm
- Height201 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.