All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.31Trending at AU $32.26
- AU $75.03Trending at AU $77.30
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.06
- AU $29.90Trending at AU $31.74
- AU $12.57Trending at AU $13.10
- AU $46.02Trending at AU $53.33
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $50.01
About this product
- DescriptionAfter two decades protecting incent victims on the run, and a year after getting shot on a job that took a dangerous turn for the worse, Jane McKinn, nee Whitefield, has settled into the quiet life of a suburban housewife in Amherst, New York--or so she thinks. One morning as she comes back from a long run, Jane is met by an unusual sight: all eight clan mothers, the female leaders of the Seneca clans, parked in her driveway in two black cars. A childhood friend of Jane's from the reservation, Jimmy, is wanted by the police for the murder of a local white man. But instead of turning himself in, he's fled, and one kws where he is hiding out. At the clan mothers' request, Jane retraces a walking trip she and Jimmy took together when they were fourteen in hopes that he has gone the same way again. But it soon becomes clear that the police aren't the only ones after him. As the chase intensifies, the number of people caught up in this twisted plot multiplies, and Jane is the only one who can protect those endangered by it. A String of Beads is an addictive, fast-paced thriller about how abandoning the past can sometimes be the hardest thing to do, even when your life--and the life of those you love--depends on it.
- Author BiographyThomas Perry is the bestselling author of over twenty novels including The Butcher's Boy, which won an Edgar Award. Metzger's Dog was a New York Times Notable Book of the Year, and Vanishing Act was named by the Independent Mystery Booksellers Association as one of their 100 Favorite Mysteries of the Twentieth Century. He lives in Southern California.
- Author(s)Thomas Perry
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Series TitleJane Whitefield Novel
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Weight635 g
- Width140 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.