All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionIt is most appropriate that the first volume to appear in the series Advanced Applications in Pattern Recognition should be this mograph by Nagao and Matsuyama. The work described here is a deep unification and synthesis of the two fundamental approaches to pat- tern recognition: numerical (also kwn as statistical ) and struc- tural ( linguistic, syntactic ). The power and unity of the meth- odology flow from the apparently effortless and natural use of the kwledge-base framework illuminated by the best results of artificial intelligence research. An integral part of the work is the algorithmic solution of many hitherto incompletely or clumsily treated problems. It was on the occasion of a laboratory visit in connection with the 4th IJCPR (of ~hich Professor Nagao was the very able Program Chairman) that I saw in operation the system described here. On the spot I expressed the desire to see the work described for the inter- national technical audience in this series and the authors were kind eugh to agree to contribute to a new and unkwn series. With the publication of this mograph on the eve of the 5th ICPR my wish is fu1fi11~d. I want to thank here the authors and Plenum Publishing Corporation for making this volume and the series a reality.
- Author(s)Makoto Nagao,Takashi Matsuyama
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2012
- SubjectOther Specific Technologies
- Series TitleAdvanced Applications in Pattern Recognition
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight414 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.