All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.06
- AU $20.15Trending at AU $23.77
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.22
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.12
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.23
- AU $30.78Trending at AU $34.76
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.93
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of this research was to further define the position of maximum benefit for the wingman of a two-ship formation of aircraft. An analytical analysis was conducted using a vortex lattice code. Investigations of a similar formation of F-16 aircraft and a dissimilar formation with a KC-135 lead aircraft and F-16 trail aircraft were conducted. The analysis determined the effects of varying airspeed on the optimal position. Additionally, the flight control surface deflections were taken account during the analyses, and the flight control positions were determined to be within the bounds of the F-16 aircraft. The similar formation profile was further investigated during flight test. The flight test investigated the change in vertical positioning as well as lateral spacing from the analytic analysis. The drag savings profile has the capability to increase the range of existing airframes, providing the benefit at cost.
- Author(s)Michael T Morgan
- Date of Publication09/10/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight254 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.