All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSir Arthur Conan Doyle's first vel-and the origin story of Sherlock Holmes and John Watson-is reimagined in the first unabridged, fully illustrated version since its debut, by acclaimed and bestselling illustrator Gris Grimly. The year is 1881. The city, London. A man lies dead in an empty house, t a mark upon him, and clues-save for the word RACHE scrawled in blood on the wall above. Elsewhere, two men-a former army doctor called John Watson and a brilliant eccentric called Sherlock Holmes-meet for the first time. These two events set in motion an adventure into the darkest corners of men's hearts as the cold, calculating investigative methods of Mr. Holmes are put to the test in a case that spans decades and continents, rife with danger and intrigue. Originally published in 1887, A Study in Scarlet was the first vel to feature a character whose name would become synymous with the art of deduction. Today it is completely reimagined with artwork by the modern master of gothic romanticism, Gris Grimly, bringing this thrilling tale of love and revenge to a new generation of readers.
- Author BiographySir Arthur Conan Doyle was born in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 1859. Before starting his writing career, Doyle attended medical school, where he met the professor who would later inspire his most famous creation, Sherlock Holmes. A Study in Scarlet was Doyle's first novel; he would go on to write more than sixty stories featuring Sherlock Holmes. He died in England in 1930. Gris Grimly is a children's book illustrator who moonlights in painting and filmmaking. Some of his best-known works include Gris Grimly's Frankenstein, Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Mystery and Madness and Edgar Allan Poe's Tales of Death and Dementia, and Neil Gaiman's bestselling picture book The Dangerous Alphabet. He lives in Los Angeles.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication26/03/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBalzer and Bray
- Weight444 g
- Width140 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gris Grimly
- Format DetailsRough front
- Interest AgeFrom 13
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $93.99Trending at AU $102.55
- AU $13.45Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $49.72Trending at AU $53.97
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $18.87
- AU $10.00Trending at AU $11.94
- AU $5.95Trending at AU $6.01
- AU $7.38Trending at AU $10.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.