All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSir Arthur Conan Doyle is one of those authors whose literary creation is much more famous than the man himself. Those who do kw the name Arthur Conan Doyle tend to kw him only as the inventor of the world's greatest detective, Sherlock Holmes. A smaller segment of this group goes further and remembers Doyle as the inventor of the great detective who squandered his fame with crackpot beliefs in faeries and the supernatural. Sadly, there is so much more to the man who revolutionized the writing t just of detective fiction but also of the genre of horror, the supernatural, and even influenced history itself. This two volume anthology's point is to put Doyle back on the pedestal he so rightly deserves. Its aim is twofold. First, to introduce readers to Doyle's lesser kwn (yet less important) works. These works speak for themselves in showing a master writer at his craft. The stories are timeless, enjoyable, and hopefully will lead to new fans embracing a great author's somewhat forgotten tales. The second aim is to show the relevance of Doyle's works. Through a collection of articles written by current scholars and experts, readers can see just how revolutionary Doyle's writings remain even today.
- Author BiographyAuthor Derrick Belanger's publications include an eclectic mix: book reviews, articles for education journals, short stories, poems, comic books, and the graphic novel, Twenty-Three Skidoo! A former instructor at Washington State University, and a current middle school Language Arts teacher, Derrick lives in Broomfield, Colorado with his wife Abigail Gosselin and their two daughters, Rhea and Phoebe. Currently, Derrick is working on the novel My Name is Time, various nonfiction essays, and the reimagined young adult novel version of Twenty-Three Skidoo! He also co-authors the web site Mystery Aircraft.com with author Chuck Davis. Joel K Jensen is the author of There Exists an X, X is a Sandwich, available from Sandwich Bar Press. He is interested in applying the methodologies of deductive logic to everyday life with both humor and intellectual rigor. Jensen studied philosophy and architecture at the University of Colorado, and teaches philosophy at North Hennepin Community College. He lives in Minneapolis.
- Author(s)Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- PublisherMX Publishing
- Date of Publication19/11/2014
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMX Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight330 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDerrick Belanger,Joel Jensen
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $31.45Trending at AU $32.23
- AU $56.24Trending at AU $57.26
- AU $161.21Trending at AU $168.19
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $78.69
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.32
- AU $12.87Trending at AU $16.79
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $51.47
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.