All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA young girl, Liv, lives with her mother on a remote island in the Arctic Circle. Her only friend is an old man who beguiles her with tales of trolls, mermaids, and the huldra, a wild spirit who appears as an irresistably beautiful girl, to tempt young men to danger and death. Then two boys drown within weeks of each other under mysterious circumstances, in the still, moonlit waters off the shores of Liv's home. Were the deaths accidental or were the boys lured to their doom by a malevolent spirit?
- Author BiographyJohn Burnside has published seven works of fiction and eleven works of poetry, including The Asylum Ward, which won the 2000 Whitbread Poetry Award. His latest collection, Black Cat Bone, won the TS Eliot Prize in 2012. His Selected Poems was published in 2006, alongside his memoir, A Lie About My Father, which was the Saltire Scottish Book of the Year and the Scottish Arts Council Non-Fiction Book of the Year. The second volume of his memoir, Waking Up In Toytown, was published by Jonathan Cape in 2010. A Summer of Drowning was shortlisted for the 2011 Costa Novel Award.
- PrizesShortlisted for Costa Novel Award 2011.
- Author(s)John Burnside
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight244 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.63
- AU $73.74Trending at AU $86.12
- AU $68.01Trending at AU $77.28
- AU $65.85Trending at AU $79.20
- AU $11.89Trending at AU $18.44
- AU $12.86Trending at AU $16.90
- AU $16.42Trending at AU $24.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.