All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHave you struggled to find information on diathermy, ventilation, types of anaesthetic, what the anaesthetist does, or problems with positioning - the little bits other books leave out? If so, then this is the book for you, anaesthetics tailored specifically to the MRCS syllabus. The book is presented in three sections. The first focuses on applied basic sciences for the surgeon. The second discusses perioperative care and specific considerations that arise in the surgical specialties from both the surgical and anaesthetic viewpoint. Each chapter is written by clinical specialists in surgery and anaesthesia, with up-to-date information on topics including damage limitation surgery in trauma, transfusion practice, CPET testing, and enhanced recovery. The third section, 'At a Glance', is written in an easily accessible, brief format for revision or reference. Topics covered include post-operative cognitive dysfunction, coagulation, fluids and scoring systems. This is an essential text for all surgical trainees.
- Author BiographyDr Jane Sturgess is a Consultant Neuroanaesthetist, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK. Mr Justin Davies is a Consultant Colorectal Surgeon, Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Cambridge, UK. Dr Kamen Valchanov is a Consultant Anaesthetist, Papworth Hospital, Cambridge, UK.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication05/06/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note43 b/w illus. 36 tables
- Weight580 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byJane Sturgess,Justine Davies,Kamen Valchanov
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $70.50
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $37.71
- AU $53.09Trending at AU $58.40
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.22
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.32
- AU $30.99Trending at AU $39.61
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.