All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.60
- AU $92.81Trending at AU $103.88
- AU $67.16Trending at AU $74.80
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.70
- AU $41.18Trending at AU $43.25
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.48
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.74
About this product
- DescriptionThe Choice is the story of the unrelenting effort of Dr. Jack Roberts to return to the pursuit of his life's calling as a pediatric heart surgeon. To do so, he must first convince reluctant political powers and giant corporations to support his new, and invative, patient-centered health care model. Meanwhile, his son, Dr. David Roberts, is embarking on his own journey, as he seeks to join his father in this ble profession. Along the way he finds that the core principles his father taught him are longer embraced by many of his peers. As the world of health care remains in turmoil, Jack and David must each decide whether they can continue to follow... A Surgeon's Heart.
- Author BiographyRobert Walter Sewell was born November 20, 1950, in Independence, Missouri, and moved to Texas with his parents at the age of twelve. He has lived in Texas since, attending Thomas Jefferson High School in Port Arthur and Lamar University in Beaumont, where he received a bachelor's degree in biology. He went on to the University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston, where he achieved his medical degree in 1974. He was accepted into the general surgery residency program at the University of Texas Health Science Center in San Antonio and completed his surgical training in 1979. After finishing his residency, Dr. Sewell immediately began his surgical practice in the Mid-Cities between Dallas and Fort Worth in North Texas. He moved his practice to its current location in Southlake, Texas, in 2003, and remains an active surgeon today, with an emphasis on minimally invasive general surgery at the Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southlake. As a recognized specialist in the field of laparoscopic surgery, Dr. Sewell has lectured on various minimally invasive procedures throughout the United States and around the world. He is a member of the American Society of General Surgeons (ASGS) and was elected president of that organization in February 2008. He is also a fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and has served as a governor since 2013. Dr. Sewell maintains memberships in the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, the Texas Medical Association, the Tarrant County Medical Society, as well as the prestigious Texas Surgical Society. Along with his wife, Donna, Dr. Sewell resides in Colleyville, Texas, where he enjoys golf, photography, computer graphics, video production, gardening and, of course, writing.
- Author(s)R W Sewell MD
- PublisherRobert Sewell, MD
- Date of Publication14/02/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRobert Sewell, MD
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.