A Surprisingly Interesting Book about Contracts: For Artists & Other Creatives by Sarah Conley Odenkirk (Paperback / softback)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor most people, reading a contract conjures up feelings of dread rather than elation--perhaps even more so for artists. And who can blame them? Nevertheless, if you are going to succeed as a creative person in a business world, you must come to terms with the need to balance your aesthetic sense with business savvy. A Surprisingly Interesting Book About Contracts is specifically written to help artists and other creative people overcome contract anxiety. This book provides a painless, and, like the title promises, surprisingly interesting introduction to contracts and other art world business issues. With insights from experienced attorney, Sarah Conley Odenkirk, amusing legal tales, and useful forms, you will arm yourself with kwledge and confidence for all of your creative endeavors. You might even find a few reasons to chuckle along the way. A Surprisingly Interesting Book About Contracts offers simple explanations in plain English. It will give you the tools to be in the best possible position to maintain control of your work and achieve career success. And you may even begin to enjoy the business of artistic practice.
- Author BiographySarah Conley Odenkirk has been practicing law in the area of fine art for almost two decades. She is currently located in Los Angeles, California but works with clients all over the United States. Sarah advises artists, art-related business, arts organizations, and administrative bodies in all maters related to the creation, sale, and management of artwork in private and public realms. She represents clients at all stages of their creative and business development. Sarah is involved in the arts community locally and nationally. She is a member of the Council of Americans for the Arts' Public Art Network, on the Director's Council for UCLA's Fowler Museum, and is on the Exhibitions Committee for the Pasadena Armory. Sarah is admitted to practice in California, New York, Oregon, District of Columbia, and Washington. She is also fluent in French. In addition to frequent speaking engagements, Sarah regularly publishes articles in a variety of legal and arts publications, and in addition to this book, she recently completed a nationwide Resource Guide for Public Art in Private Development. The database is available on her website and in printed format. You can read more about Sarah's practice at www.artlawlawyer.com.
- Author(s)Sarah Conley Odenkirk
- PublisherAMMO Books LLC
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectLaw for the Layman
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAMMO Books LLC
- Content Noteblack & white line drawings
- Weight399 g
- Width160 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.57Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.