All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- DescriptionBobbye's poetry and devotions reflect her life experiences and her deeply held faith in her Savior. Two of her poems, A Very Special Place and Song of Surrender, have become Christian songs, composed and recorded by her daughter, Laura Davis.
- Author BiographyAlthough she was born in Los Angeles, Bobbye calls Paducah, KY her hometown. While attending Christian College in Columbia, MO, and the University of Kentucky in Lexington, she majored in journalism. Bobbye says that her passion for writing began early in her life. As a child, she wrote poems, songs, and stories; later sharpening her skills in school publications. In her early career, she was a newspaper writer, and more recently authored a family history, The Lady in the Picture. For many years Bobbye taught children in Sunday School classes and Bible clubs. In order to make the Bible stories more exciting, she often wrote scripts for the children to act out in class. She also composed cryptograms and crossword puzzles, which contained the weekly Scripture memory verses. During her husband Bob's twenty-three year USAF career, the Maggard family lived for several years in Germany and Italy, giving them many exciting opportunities to travel and to study different cultures. Those experiences, such as living in accordance with the host country's laws and customs, and bearing children overseas, have provided fodder for some of her writings. Bobbye says, When you're a military wife, you learn to absorb as much as you can as fast as you can between moves, and be ready to pull up stakes as soon as the orders come in. Bob and Bobbye have three children, eight grandchildren and five great grandchildren. She, Bob, and their mini-dachshund Misty, currently live in Land O'Lakes, FL. Her stated purpose in writing this book is to encourage and strengthen the faith of those who read it, and to exalt my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ.
- Author(s)Bobbye Stivers Maggard
- Date of Publication26/08/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight100 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.