Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the major reasons that today's Messianic movement has grown in the past decade is a significant interest by Believers in the Torah and the Tanach. In too many cases, the Tanach Scriptures were t probed in that great a detail in a Jewish Believer's traditional Synagogue upbringing-and perhaps more serious, a n-Jewish Believer's Christian experience often witnessed the Old Testament taking a back seat to the New Testament in the Church. With many of the ethical and moral controversies the greater Judeo-Christian religious community is experiencing in our age, a need for God's people to return to a foundational grounding in the Tanach Scriptures is absolutely imperative. The Old Testament cant simply be disregarded any more. Many have stayed away from consulting the Tanach t because of a lack of interest, but because few want to have to deal with the controversies it addresses. Unlike the Apostolic Scriptures, constrained to the First Century C.E., the period of the Tanach stretches back all the way to the beginning of the universe itself. Questions like: Who was the Pharaoh of the Exodus? Did God actually condone the gecide of the Canaanites? and Am I the only one who thinks the Prophets are mentally disturbed? are debates that many people do t want to enter into. Even more significant is the effect of critical scholarship which has attempted to divide the Torah into n-Mosaic sources, question the inspiration and historical reliability of the text, and even regard much of the Tanach as Ancient Israel's mythology. For a Messianic movement that claims to place a high value on the Tanach, it is time that we join in to these conversations. A Survey of the Tanach for the Practical Messianic takes you through the Old Testament from a distinct Messianic point of view. It presents a theologically conservative perspective of the books of the Tanach, but one that does t avoid some of the controversies that have existed in Biblical scholarship for over one hundred and fifty years. The student, in company with his or her study Bible, is asked to read through each text of the Tanach, jotting down characters, place names, key ideas, and reflective questions. Each book of the Old Testament is then summarized for its compositional data and asks you questions to get a good Messianic feel for the text. This workbook can be used for both personal and group study, and will be a valuable aid for any Messianic Believer wanting to study the whole Bible on a consistent basis.
- Author BiographyJ.K. McKee (B.A., University of Oklahoma; M.A., Asbury Theological Seminary) is the editor of Messianic Apologetics (www.messianicapologetics.net), a division of Outreach Israel Ministries (www.outreachisrael.net). He is a 2009 recipient of the Zondervan Biblical Languages Award for Greek. He is author of numerous books and commentaries, dealing with a wide range of topics that are important for today's Messianic Believers.
- Author(s)J K McKee
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication21/03/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight503 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.