All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionSven T Kjellberg, Director of Goteborgs Historiska Museum (w called the Goteborgs Stadsmuseum), and his assistant Olof Hasslof travelled through the islands of the Outer Hebrides in 1934 for research into the maritime culture of the area, with the emphasis on material culture - the boats, the tools of the trade. Rewned ethlogist Professor Emeritus Alexander Fenton presents the research with additional material of his own. A key feature of the book are the 80 sepia photographs and 35 line drawings published here for the first time.
- Author BiographyProfessor Emeritus Alexander Fenton CBE has been Director of the School of Scottish Studies in the University of Edinburgh, and of the European Ethnological Research Centre for which he is now a consultant. He is acknowledged as Scotland's leading expert on rural life.
- PublisherNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/05/2012
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintNMSE - Publishing Ltd
- Content Note60 sepia photographs + 43 line drawings
- Weight617 g
- Width188 mm
- Height144 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byAlexander Fenton
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.