Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $37.62
- AU $27.33Trending at AU $30.53
- AU $34.50Trending at AU $45.13
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.24
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $34.32
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $14.31
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $32.63
About this product
- DescriptionMartine Nouet is an authority on both whisky and French cuisine. In 2015 she won the Grand Prix du Livre Spirits with Le Guide Hachette des whiskies. Her new cookbook takes an original slant on whisky as an accompaniment to good food. She presents 60 recipes honed from her many years of experience as whisky presenter and cook. The recipes are divided into three sections, appetizers, main courses, and dessert/cheese. A sensory calendar above each recipe indicates the season of growth, the texture and the respective lightness or richness to the palate. On the facing pages are John Paul's exquisite photographs of the recipes; beneath which is printed a profile of select whiskies sold in specialist shops that resonate with each recipe. An introductory chapter is devoted to the principles involved in the pairing of food and whisky, and how best to achieve balance and harmony. All the recipes have been tried and tasted by gourmet palates. Eric Obry, the amazing chef of Le Petit Gourmand in Aberlour (Speyside), has prepared each dish.To add panache to the book, there is a foreword by the world-acclaimed whisky writer, Charles MacLean, who has incidental fame for his role in Ken Loach's film The Angel's Share. Martine Nouet's new cookbook should become a true shelf companion to all who care about whisky and good cuisine. Don't let her words evaporate into an angel's share!
- Author(s)Martine Nouet
- Date of Publication13/06/2016
- SubjectOther Beverages
- Place of PublicationPort Charlotte
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note60 colour photographs
- Width177 mm
- Height240 mm
- Photographs byPaul John
- Foreword byCharles Maclean
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.