All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis invative book makes the benefits of Tai Chi directly available to Westerners by communicating its essence in poetic, evocative, and humorous images that apply t only to movement practices of all kinds but to daily life. The book does t assume any kwledge of Tai Chi forms. The images in this book - drawn from a wide variety of sources, both Chinese and Western, ancient and modern - are easy to understand, fun to work with, and embody the true inner spirit of Tai Chi's timeless tradition. The book contains hundreds of photos and line drawings illustrating the images, detailed explanations of the biomechanical realities that underlie the images, and a summary of the latest scientific research on the benefits of Tai Chi.
- Author BiographyMartin Mellish has taught Tai Chi for over thirty years. He is a certified hypnotherapist and Yoga teacher, and holds a Master's degree in Mathematics from Cambridge University. He is an accomplished technical rock climber, dancer, and martial artist; his Tai Chi research frequently takes him into remote areas of China, India, and Tibet.
- Author(s)Martin Mellish
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/12/2010
- SubjectBoxing & Combat Sports
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSinging Dragon
- Content Note124 black and white photographs and line drawings
- Weight462 g
- Width177 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $3.75Trending at AU $7.40
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.95
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.84
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.15
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.10
- AU $17.07Trending at AU $23.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.