All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionAfter a successful career in movies, most tably Hammer films of the 1960s and 70s, writer/producer Christopher Neame applied his talents to several quality programs for British television. Faced with ever tightening financial constraints and often ludicrous situations, Neame and his colleagues nevertheless managed to produce a handful of gems. With a lighthearted perspective, the author recounts the challenges and rewards of working on such memorable productions as Danger U.X.B., The Kwledge, Q.E.D., The Irish R.M., Monsigr Quixote, and The Flame Trees of Thika. He also recalls on-the-set experiences with, among others, actors Anthony Andrews, Alec Guinness, Nigel Hawthorne, Leo McKern, Hayley Mills, and Sam Waterston, as well as author Graham Greene. Includes 16 pages of photos.
- Author BiographyChristopher Neame spent a number of years working on Hammer horror classics of the 1960s and 70s, which he recounts in his first book for Scarecrow Press, Rungs on a Ladder. His venture into television drama led to work on many memorable classics. He is currently producing a stage musical,Courtenay, for which he also wrote the book and lyrics. He has also written Secret World, a children's book. A Take on British TV Drama is his second title for Scarecrow.
- Author(s)Christopher Neame
- PublisherScarecrow Press
- Date of Publication23/08/2004
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Series TitleThe Scarecrow Filmmakers Series
- Series Part/Volume Number112
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintScarecrow Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width178 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Foreword bySam Waterston
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.