All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExplore Dickens' classic tale of order and disorder, death and resurrection with A Tale of Two Cities. Taking place in London and Paris in the eighteenth century, in the years leading up to and during the French Revolution, Charles Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities is one of injustice, revenge, rebirth, love, and sacrifice. Originally published in thirty-one weekly installments in 1859, this vel is uncharacteristic for Dickens as it lacks comic relief, as well as a protagonist, though London and Paris are considered to be the true protagonists of the story. The turbulence found in this epic tale is also believed to reflect the turmoil in Dickens' personal life at the time. Complete and unabridged, A Tale of Two Cities is an essential collectible that is both elegant and portable and features a new introduction by Brian Bartell.
- Author BiographyCHARLES DICKENS (1812-;1870) was a prolific English writer of fiction and nonfiction, including fifteen novels. He enjoyed international success in his lifetime and is considered one of the greatest novelists of all time. BRIAN BARTELL is a PhD candidate in the English and Comparative Literature Department at Columbia University. He has also been a bookseller in independent bookstores in Paris and San Francisco.
- Author(s)Charles Dickens
- PublisherRace Point Publishing
- Date of Publication08/10/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRace Point Publishing
- Weight522 g
- Width146 mm
- Height191 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Introduction byBrian Bartell
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.64Trending at AU $31.89
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.93Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.05Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.77Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $18.53Trending at AU $20.49
- AU $30.93Trending at AU $31.88
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.