A Tale of Two Horses: A Passion for Free-Will Teaching by Kathie Gregory (Paperback, 2015)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.10Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by pozorbooks
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $19.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Tale of Two Horses tells the story of two ex-racehorses with behavioural problems, who embark on a rehabilitation programme using only positive, reward based methods, developing into self-confident, well balanced horses. Woven throughout is the story of their owner's life on a rural farm, and insights into her work as an animal behaviourist with dogs, cats and other species. Bringing horsemanship up to date with positive, reward-based methods, the truly kind and humane approach to working with horses that Kathie Gregory teaches will provide huge benefits for you and your horse.Following the two horses over the course of a year, as they go from being reactive and unable to be handled, to calm, well-balanced, contented horses, you'll get to kw the personalities of Charlie and Star, as they make the transition from racing to home environment.This book provides an understanding of behaviour and learning theory, along with free-will, hands-off, and n-coercive techniques, and shows how to apply these principles for stress-free training. You'll learn how to prevent small issues becoming big problems, and make battling with your horse a thing of the past.Easy to read, this book can be used as a complete start-from-scratch guide, or to browse through, selecting those parts that you wish to work on to achieve fantastic results: reliable behaviour, stress-free, happy and contented horse and owner.
- Author BiographyKathie Gregory is a qualified animal behaviourist and trainer, who has worked in the industry since 2001. Passionate about raising standards and awareness in how we teach and work with animals, she encourages everyone to use the best methods available.The majority of Kathie's work is with horses and dogs, and she has a particular interest in ex-racehorses. Helping to resolve behavioural problems, training issues, and teaching one-to-one and group sessions, she also mentors and advises within the industry.Kathie uses scientifically proven methods and positive reinforcement techniques to ensure each animal receives the best in behaviour and training modification. She lives and works in Devon in the UK.
- Author(s)Kathie Gregory
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication10/12/2015
- SubjectPets & Equine
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note80
- Weight386 g
- Width170 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.