All listings for this product
Save on Cook Books
- AU $34.59Trending at AU $36.26
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $16.98
- AU $20.72Trending at AU $31.27
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $27.00
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $26.67
- AU $31.21Trending at AU $33.64
- AU $32.26Trending at AU $40.45
About this product
- DescriptionNow you can discover some of Switzerland's finest recipes and culinary traditions. A Taste of Switzerland includes more than 50 recipes of specialities from all regions of Switzerland. Chapters focus on festivities, breads, cheeses, sausages, game and mushrooms, the significance of chocolate, fruits, wine, and the art of the Swiss hotelier. There is a bibliography, a list of food and wine museums, an index and 119 luscious colour photographs. Swiss food, folklore, history and traditions are interspersed with many recipes to give you a tempting taste of the richness of the country's diverse gastromic cultures. Sue Style's writing stimulates more than your taste buds as she describes the delectable flavours that give a unique identity to each region. She takes you to dairies, vineyards, butchers and bakers, as well as to some of Switzerland's finest restaurants and hotels and shares with you her many impressions, anecdotes - and of course recipes. Clear and simple instructions enable you to prepare a whole range of Swiss dishes and specialities.
- Author BiographySue Style, a food, wine and travel writer, was born and brought up in North Yorkshire. She studied Spanish at Madrid University ad later worked for the Latin American edition of The Economist. She has published a number of books on cooking and gastronomy and writes regularly for Financial Times Weekend and sporadically for Waitrose Food Illustrated, Gourmet and Decanter.com.
- Author(s)Sue Style
- PublisherBergli Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/07/1996
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationBasel
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintBergli Books Ltd
- Content Note119 colour photographs
- Weight772 g
- Width235 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Illustrator(s)John Miller
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.