CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the only modern, action-oriented and practical guide to trend analysis and prediction for the professional trader. Unlike outdated competitive guides, it fully reflects today's markets and charting sciences. Writing for traders with basic kwledge of trends and technical analysis, Michael C. Thomsett introduces advanced analytical tools for recognizing how risks evolve as trends proceed; distinguishing between strong and weak trends; objectively evaluating the health of a stock's current price levels, trading breadth, and technical condition; and anticipating plateaus, slowdowns, or price reversals. Thomsett introduces trend prediction based on technical signals such as candlestick reversals, price gaps, and movement through resistance or support, enabling traders to go far beyond mere trend following. You'll learn techniques for gaining deeper insights into price change - and into valuable factors such as the angle of price change, trend duration, and offsetting price movements. You'll find detailed coverage of trend theory, resistance, support, trendlines and channel lines; patterns and confirmations of both reversals and continuations; broadening and narrowing trends, price jumps; and trends based on volume, moving averages, and momentum. While other books focus solely on technical price movement, A Technical Approach to Trend Analysis will help you understand the trend itself - and use that insight to manage market risks far more effectively.
- Author BiographyMichael C. Thomsett is the author of more than 80 books, including many FT Press projects (Profiting from Technical Analysis and Candlestick Indicators, Stock Profits: Getting to the Core, Put Option Strategies, The Options Trading Body of Knowledge, Options Trading for the Conservative Investor, Options Trading for the Institutional Investor, and Trading with Candlesticks). He also has written several other books on the topics of technical analysis, candlesticks, and options trading. Thomsett is the cofounder of the education site ThomsettOptions.com, where he publishes articles on the topics of fundamental and technical analysis, chart reading, and more. He is a frequent speaker at investment and trading conventions and trade shows, and he teaches several classes for Moody's and the New York Institute of Finance. Thomsett lives in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Author(s)Michael C. Thomsett
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication28/07/2015
- SubjectFinance & Accounting
- Place of PublicationUpper Saddle River
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFinancial TImes Prentice Hall
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.