Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.29
- AU $30.85Trending at AU $34.85
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $15.71
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.26
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.52
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.01
About this product
- DescriptionA Temporary Inconvenience will resonate with anyone who has had to leave their country and settle elsewhere. It is about memories of the life left behind. Told in some poignant and often harrowing poems, the first half of the book re-lives the pain of life under a brutal regime; remembering those raped, tortured or killed; images of a country in meltdown. The book reminds also that the grass is t always greener on the other side with pages of broken relationships, being lonely and homesick as well as the struggle to bring up children in a foreign country. The second half of the book gives a definitive portrait of a dictator and the impact he can have on the people he presides over regardless of whether they love or hate him. Living under a dictatorship may seem like a temporary inconvenience but that can last like forever. A Temporary Inconvenience takes you into a place the world sometimes pretends does t exist.
- Author(s)Andrew Mutandwa
- Date of Publication28/06/2011
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBloomington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight97 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.