All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'...The glaring fact, that this my country, by its careless consideration with regards to journalistic control had allowed to occur, the devastation and destruction of its beloved child: Child of Ireland, lover of Ireland, w victim of Ireland's indifference.' Kathryn Nelson had enjoyed successful careers as a teacher and then as an international advisor, relishing her life and work in the Bulgarian capital, Sofia. Her world came crashing down around her when she was wrongly implicated in money laundering after the biggest bank robbery of the time, when robbers had walked out of the Northern Bank in Belfast with GBP26.5m in cash. Kathryn's reputation was ripped to shreds in the Irish media, leaving her unable to work and barely able to live. This is her story and how ultimately her never-say-die attitude took her to Court, suing those in the media who caused her so much pain, seeking justice and the clearing of her good name.
- Author BiographyKathryn Nelson was born in Athy, Co Kildare in the Republic of Ireland. The only daughter of the late James & Kitty Nelson and sister to the late Martin. Convent-school educated, she went on to specialize in Drama, Literature and Oral Communications, teaching successfully for some years, yet having part taken in an early and unsuccessful marriage, the conclusion of which came with her application for annulment: This having been granted, other matters sought to impede her future career, so in 1990 to avoid such occurrence, Kathryn sought and was awarded a teaching position in Libya: Spending three happy years in The Oil College of Azzawiya , she was further appointed to Ras Lanuf Oil School. At the conclusion of 1995, Kathryn left Libya, and was immediately engaged in further studies pertaining to international communications. In late 1997 an appointment was offered and accepted to a Diplomatic Liaison Company in London. Here she continued to work, covering projects in Mongolia, Tunisia, Bulgaria, and Malta to name but a few. In 2004, Kathryn became ill while attending the company office in Liverpool: Major surgery was required: Following this occurrence, and being restored to reasonable health, she made the decision to open her own private practice. In August 2004, Kathryn opened her own office in Sofia, Bulgaria. Shortly afterward the debacle regarding the Northern Bank Robbery began. Taking 5 years 10 months to successfully clean her name, all other business was either put on hold or finally concluded. Having cleared her name - High Court - Dublin 2010, Kathryn made the decision to write A Terrible State . She currently resides in Ireland.
- Author(s)Kathryn Nelson
- PublisherAustin Macauley Publishers
- Date of Publication30/01/2015
- SubjectCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAustin Macauley Publishers
- Weight358 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.15
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.45
- AU $41.64Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.32
- AU $46.38Trending at AU $48.26
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.