Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $56.25Trending at AU $57.04
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.92
- AU $29.94Trending at AU $31.44
- AU $46.06Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $12.78Trending at AU $13.19
- AU $31.13Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $12.36Trending at AU $13.97
About this product
- DescriptionSet primarily during the early 1940s, A Texas Jubilee is a collection of short stories about life in fictional Bodark Springs, Texas. Through these stories, author Jim Lee paints a humorous picture of the politics, friendships, and secrets that are part of day-to-day life in this eccentric little Texas town. Stories like Rock-ola and Pink-Petticoat reveal secrets and raise questions about many of the town's more colorful characters. Will Grady Dell reunite with his lost love, Eva? Is there a connection between Edna Earle Morris's murder and her mysterious visit from Jesus? Other stories like Navy, Blue, and Gold highlight the ways that World War II is causing life to change for everyone in the town. Young Tommy Earl Dell and Fred Hallmark w spend their afterons staring at the pictures of boys from Eastis County on the Gold Star shelf in the power company's window, dreaming of the day when they will be old eugh to join the army. Townspeople w hold their breaths any time John Ed Hallmark, the town's official messenger, drives his Chariot of Death up the street to deliver the news to one of his neighbors that a brother, son, or husband is t coming home from war. Although the pace of life in this small town is slow, there is never a dull moment in A Texas Jubilee. From the first to last page, readers will be constantly entertained by the exotic and unexpected in this imaginative collection of tales. A Texas Jubilee includes a preface by Jeff Guinn.
- Author BiographyJAMES WARD LEE is emeritus professor of English at the University of North Texas. He is author of many essays, reviews, and stories. He wrote Texas, My Texas, Adventures with a Texas Humanist, and Classics of Texas Fiction. Lee is a member of the Texas Institute of Letters and the Texas Literary Hall of Fame.
- Author(s)James Ward Lee
- PublisherTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication15/02/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationFort Worth
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTexas Christian University Press,U.S.
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.