CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.15
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.64
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.68
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.42
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.63
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $89.41
- AU $86.99Trending at AU $97.42
About this product
- DescriptionLadd's magisterial work on New Testament theology has well served thousands of seminary students since its original publication in 1974. Now enhanced and updated by Donald Hagner, this comprehensive evangelical text w features augmented bibliographies and two completely new chapters on subjects Ladd himself wanted to treat in a revised edition - the theology of each of the Syptic Evangelists, and the issue of unity and diversity in the New Testament as a whole. In addition to the new chapters, A Theology of the New Testament focuses on: The teachings of God in the syptic Gospels; Eternal life in the Gospel of John; Justification and life of Christ in the Epistles of Paul; The heavenly high priest of the Hebrews, and the worthy Lamb who was slain in Revelation. All these, writes Professor Ladd, express in various ways the one redemptive act of God in Christ. A helpful 'Literature' section appears at the beginning of each chapter, ting important contributions to the subjects discussed. Most of these bibliographic references are to works available in English and thus accessible to every student. A Theology of the New Testament is well grounded in the conservative-evangelical tradition, but remains open minded and constantly in touch with the opinions of other theologians. Reflecting a lifetime of scholarship, it will remain definitive in its field for years to come.
- Author BiographyGeorge Eldon Ladd (1911-1982) was Professor of New Testament Exegesis and Theology at Fuller Theological Seminary, Pasadena, California. He was the author of numerous works in New Testament theology.
- Author(s)George Eldon Ladd
- PublisherJames Clarke & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication01/04/1994
- SubjectChristian Theology
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLutterworth Press
- Weight1160 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Revised byDonald A. Hagner
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.