All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $17.35
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $96.38Trending at AU $104.01
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.50
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.75
- AU $10.20Trending at AU $14.20
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.69
About this product
- DescriptionBrilliant geology editor Lucybelle Bledsoe is offered a job too good to pass up. Her new boss is a visionary climate scientist whose mission is to extract the first-ever complete ice cores from the Greenland icecap. Kwing the risks, she warily accepts the classified government position. If she were to fall in love again with a woman, she could lose everything. Based on the true story of the author's aunt and namesake, and on the search to uncover her remarkable past, A Thin Bright Line encompasses Cold War intrigues, the origins of climate research, the joyful pangs of love, and the impossible compromises of queer life in the 1950s and '60s.
- Author BiographyLucy Jane Bledsoe is an award-winning science writer and novelist for adults and children. Her many books include The Ice Cave: A Woman's Adventures from the Mojave to the Antarctic, The Big Bang Symphony: A Novel of Antarctica, This Wild Silence, and Working Parts. A native of Portland, Oregon, she lives in Berkeley, California.
- Author(s)Lucy Jane Bledsoe
- PublisherUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationWisconsin
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Wisconsin Press
- Content Note, black & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.