All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis source book brings together texts by and about Thomas More - poet, scholar, statesman, family man, educational reformer, philospher, historian and saint. In addition to serving as an introduction to More's life and writings for the general reader, this collection is a companion to the study of 16th-century history, literature, philosophy or politics. The writings focus upon More's views of education, political theory, church-state relations, love and friendship, practical politics and the vexing issue of conscience. They shed light on the distinctive Christian humanism that More expresses and embodied. Also included in the book are three famous 16th-century accounts of More's life by Erasmus, Roper and a team of London playwrights including William Shakespeare.
- PublisherThe Catholic University of America Press
- Date of Publication01/08/2004
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe Catholic University of America Press
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.), maps
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byGerard B. Wegemer,Stephen W. Smith
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.