Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.98Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by countryhouselibrary
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Pulitzer Prize-winning, bestselling vel from one of America's greatest contemporary writers. Larry Cook's farm is the largest in Zebulon County, Iowa, and a tribute to his hard work and single-mindedness. Proud and possessive, his sudden decision to retire and hand over the farm to his three daughters, is disarmingly uncharacteristic. Ginny and Rose, the two eldest, are startled yet eager to accept, but Caroline, the youngest daughter, has misgivings. Immediately, her father cuts her out. In A Thousand Acres, Jane Smiley transposes the King Lear story to the modern day, and in so doing at once illuminates Shakespeare's original and subtly transforms it. This astonishing vel won both of America's highest literary awards, the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the National Book Critics' Circle Award.
- Author BiographyJane Smiley is one of America's greatest contemporary novelists. The author of seven other novels, she taught at Iowa State University before moving to California to concentrate on her writing.
- PrizesWinner of Pulitzer Prize for Fiction 1992 and Pulitzer Prize Novel Category 1992.
- Author(s)Jane Smiley
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication08/10/1992
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight280 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $34.26Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.39
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $83.65
- AU $13.32Trending at AU $15.85
- AU $17.70Trending at AU $19.68
- AU $16.67Trending at AU $22.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.