Brand newLOWEST PRICE
All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $75.76Trending at AU $77.16
- AU $40.38Trending at AU $43.57
- AU $31.53Trending at AU $38.21
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $25.51
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $26.79
- AU $9.71Trending at AU $13.80
- AU $19.14Trending at AU $24.03
About this product
- DescriptionA time of peace follows the victory of WWII, but with peace comes unforeseen problems. Demobbed men are strangers to their families. Women have managed on their own, keeping their families safe and fed. It may be a time of peace but it is also a time of challenge, especially for Rose, whose job is to help others. When Rose meets a demobbed airman named Joe and his motherless son, she gives them her support and friendship and gradually her heart. But when Rose's brother Freddie comes home from Germany with a pregnant wife, the woman is shunned by neighbours as the enemy. And Freddie has a secret which threatens to destroy Rose and Joe's relationship. In a time for peace, the strength of Rose and Joe's love is tested. Can they sustain their love in such adversity and build a future together?
- Author BiographySylvia Broady was born in East Yorkshire and has lived there all her life. With a career varying from child care, a police civilian and working for the NHS she then started her dream job of working in the Library Services. Sylvia's previous novel, The Yearning Heart, was also published by Robert Hale.
- Author(s)Sylvia Broady
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Weight540 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
- Edition StatementAlabama
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.