Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $70.99Trending at AU $78.63
- AU $65.99Trending at AU $71.23
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $114.18
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.73
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $76.35
- AU $12.63Trending at AU $18.69
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe first part of A Time in Govan is set in Govan as a young boy grows up during the post war era ending in late 1963. Many of the issue's which affected Govan during this period are described, from social events and court appearances to politics and murders,. The author draws on many of his experiences including his fractured family upbringing and schooling. Strong themes are the demise of the Burgh in terms of employment with the loss of many shipyard jobs and the ermous spirit of togetherness by Govan people despite obvious religious, social and political differences. In the second part the author recounts stories from the world of football with a bias towards Govan players and teams, from the playground to the World Cup Final.
- Author BiographyDavid Graham is a 66 year old semi-retired engineer. Born in Govan, a Burgh within Glasgow and famous for shipbuilding and football, David spent his first 15 years in Govan attending Drumoyne Primary School and Govan High School. He left school at 15 years with no qualifications and moved to England. At Slough he completed a 5 year apprenticeship at Satchwell Control Systems as a Control System engineer, he has remained in the control system industry to the present day (2014).
- Author(s)David Graham
- PublisherThe Cloister House Press
- Date of Publication21/03/2014
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGloucester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Cloister House Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight726 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine31 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.