Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.78
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.22
- AU $67.68Trending at AU $74.69
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.87
- AU $44.28Trending at AU $46.99
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.40
About this product
- DescriptionEnglish designer Ann Kingstone has created a beautiful collection of 12 patterns themed for the seasons of the year. A wonderful variety of garments and accessories is shown to perfection in the stunning photography by Verity Britton. The designs include 3 tops and a coat which have been sized for 32-58 inch chests. A remarkable size range! Shawl lovers have 3 to choose from, while socks, gloves and slippers provide plenty to delight gift knitters. Ann is justifiably kwn as 'a knitter's designer', creating patterns incorporating up-to-date knitting techniques and construction methods. Thus the patterns in this book are all entirely seamless, and the sweaters and coat are knitted top-down with integrally knitted sleevecaps. As is typical for Ann's work, the collection includes extraordinary lace, cable, colourwork, icord, and feather and fan details. Though Ann's work is generally regarded as best suited to intermediate to advanced knitters, her pattern writing style is so clear that even inexperienced knitters have found themselves able to undertake new techniques following her straightforward, succinct instructions. Japanese short rows, applied icord, and one-row buttonholes are made easy with brief yet careful directions where they occur. The book also contains some musings about appropriate fibre and projects for each of the four seasons. Though Ann is an English designer, the patterns all include imperial as well as metric measurements, and American as well as English knitting terms and needle sizes. However, British spelling is used throughout, and Ann is culturally unable to call a jumper a sweater! If you can forgive her for this you will love this book.
- Author BiographyAnn Kingstone is a passionate handknit designer from Yorkshire, England. As well as her self-published work, she has undertaken commissions from a variety of publishers including Interweave Press, Soho Publishing, Lark Books, and Twist Collective. Though clearly influenced by European knitting traditions, especially Fair Isle, Scandinavian, and Bavarian styles, Ann's innovative designs incorporate up-to-date knitting techniques and seamless constructions. She is especially known for having a feminine style, with an emphasis on flattering shapes and stunning detail. Ann's history as a school and university teacher is evident in the clarity of her knitting instructions, which are written to suit both UK and US knitters.
- Author(s)Ann Kingstone
- PublisherAnn Kingstone Designs
- Date of Publication23/08/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAnn Kingstone Designs
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight177 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Edited byKaren Butler
- Photographer(s)Verity Britton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.