All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionA vacation in the Greek islands becomes complicated when a private eye is drawn into the murky waters of international hashish smugglingHis name is Frank Davies, but friends and clients call him Lobo. A private eye with a law degree, Lobo doesn t like to get rough but he ll do it for a friend. When a rich friend sends him to Paris to retrieve some stolen money, he earns himself a trip to Greece as a reward. It s supposed to be a vacation, but as soon as he arrives he s working again.First his landlady, an English woman married to a Greek, asks his help bringing her cheating husband to heel. Though he doesn t like her, he finds himself morbidly fascinated by her train wreck of a marriage. Then he meets a countess with a blackmail problem, and offers her a little pro-bo work. As he digs beneath the island s sunny surface, Lobo learns that matter how beautiful the scenery, secrets are always ugly.This ebook features an illustrated biography of James Jones including rare photos from the author s estate.
- Author BiographyJames Jones (1921 1977) was one of the most accomplished American authors of the World War II generation. He served in the U.S. Army from 1939 to 1944, and was present at the attack on Pearl Harbor as well as the battle for Guadalcanal, where he was decorated with a purple heart and bronze star. Jones s experiences informed his epic novels From Here to Eternity and The Thin Red Line. His other works include Some Came Running, The Pistol, Go to the Widow-Maker, The Ice-Cream Headache and Other Stories, The Merry Month of May, A Touch of Danger, Whistle, and To the End of the War a book of previously unpublished fiction.
- Author(s)James Jones
- PublisherOpen Road Media
- Date of Publication10/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOpen Road Media
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.