All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $33.15Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.58
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $96.28
- AU $39.56Trending at AU $42.72
About this product
- DescriptionThis translation of Plato's Sophist conveys the peculiar nature of the doctrines expressed in the Greek text, and it includes an introduction that attempts - without recourse to contemporary technical philosophical ideas - to explain these doctrines from the perspective of how Plato's philosophy was understood by Aristotle and the ancient Platonists. For this reason the book is especially suitable for use in undergraduate courses on Plato and in introductory courses on the history of ancient philosophy.
- Author BiographyThe Translator: James Duerlinger is Professor of Philosophy at the University of Iowa. His areas of specialization are Greek philosophy, Buddhist philosophy, and philosophy of religion.
- Author(s)James Duerlinger
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2009
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleNew Perspectives in Philosophical Scholarship Texts and Issues
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2004
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight220 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.