All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionA Trimester Schedule that Works is a guidebook for secondary educators who want to maximize teaching and learning opportunities in their schools. The book begins with research that supports a trimester schedule and then begins to help readers understand the change efforts and challenges associated with the redesign of the school day. Several planning tools are included to lead readers through the steps necessary to build the capacity for change and a culture of collaboration. The benefits of the improved schedule are then quickly divulged by the authors - increased time for core content classes, a bonus period for intervention and acceleration activities, opportunities for dual college/vocational education credit, to name a few. Several case studies illustrate how middle and high schools have transformed traditional settings into thriving, high-performing schools, with collaborative teachers and engaged students.
- Author BiographyRobert Brower is a superintendent for the North Montgomery Community School Corporation in Crawfordsville, Indiana. Brower is also a consultant and presenter for many educational issues including: trimester scheduling, discipline in schools, the extended period, leadership topics, and decision-making philosophy. Colleen Moran is an assistant superintendent for the North Montgomery Community School Corporation in Crawfordsville, Indiana. She has also served as the associate director of the Indiana Principal Leadership Academy and currently teaches courses within the educational leadership masters program at Butler University in Indianapolis, Indiana.
- Author(s)Colleen Moran,Robert Brower
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight399 g
- Width161 mm
- Height238 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Foreword byTodd Whitaker
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.