All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPortraying the man behind the myth, A True Republican goes beyond the famous ride to explore Paul Revere's larger role in the American Revolution, the evolution of his political thought, and his transformation from Revolutionary artisan to entrepreneur in the early republic. Jayne E. Triber's insightful reading of both primary and secondary sources -- including government documents, Masonic records, and Revere's personal and business papers -- illuminates the social, cultural, and ecomic factors that shaped Revere's Revolutionary activities as well as his ardent interpretation of republicanism. Through the lens of one man's life, Triber explores the meaning and attraction of republicanism for artisans, the social structure of Revolutionary and post-Revolutionary America, the importance of Free-masonry, and the development of political parties in the newly formed republic.
- Author BiographyJAYNE E. TRIBER is an independent scholar.
- Author(s)Jayne E. Triber
- PublisherUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2001
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationMassachusetts
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Massachusetts Press
- Content Note13 illustrations, bibliography, index
- Weight549 g
- Width156 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementNew edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.09
- AU $32.48Trending at AU $38.03
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.47
- AU $11.66Trending at AU $14.91
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.57
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $39.95
- AU $11.25Trending at AU $14.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.