All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe context in which healthcare is delivered continues to be one of extreme organisational turbulence and increasing workload, factors that exacerbate the anxiety felt by staff about keeping themselves, and their patients, truly safe. At the same time there is a focus on so-called 'failures of compassion' in healthcare services. The need for creative conversations to promote flexibility, hope and resilience in staff has never been greater.In True Tales of Organisational Life, Barbara-Anne Wren describes ways in which space can be created to strengthen the capacity to withstand suffering, whilst ackwledging the creativity and meaningfulness of healthcare work. She describes the application of systemic and narrative psychology to develop interventions at an individual, team, group, and organisational level. The success of these interventions to develop caregivers' confidence to manage the relationships with their patients and with themselves, as opportunities for healing and compassion, is compelling. Case studies illuminate the work described throughout, and the link between storytelling and health is explored.
- Author BiographyBarbara-Anne Wren is a psychologist and organisational consultant. While developing staff psychology services at the Royal Free she led on the successful piloting of the first of the two UK Schwartz Rounds. As Lead Psychologist at the Point of Care Foundation she then led on the development of the national training and mentoring programme for Schwartz Round clinical leads and facilitators. As Chair of the UK National Network of Practitioner Occupational Health Psychologists she has worked both nationally and internationally to develop theory and practice to improve staff experience in healthcare settings.
- Author(s)Anne Wren,Barbara Wren
- PublisherKarnac Books
- Date of Publication20/04/2016
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintKarnac Books
- Weight227 g
- Width147 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.