All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAward-winning chef Nancy Silverton has conquered the gourmet world as the original dessert chef at Spago and founder of the celebrated La Brea Bakery. Her recipes are legendary, invative, and delicious. However, in the last few years, there has been a great shift in cooking toward the Home Meal Replacement (HMR), better kwn as takeout. It s impossible to spend hours in the kitchen after a hard day s work, so more people are buying prepared foods and frozen meals, compromising taste for convenience. Realizing that people s hectic workdays don t afford everyone the time to re-create her epicurean triumphs, Nancy has come up with the perfect solution . . . Enter, the jar! Compiling a list of her favorite products that come in jars and cans, bags, and boxes Nancy has created easy-to-follow recipes that require less than thirty minutes to prepare. With this book there s need to sacrifice flavor, sophistication, and taste just because you re spending less time chopping, cleaning, cooking, or baking. Nancy s shortcuts t only allow us to produce quick and easy meals at home, they let us bring back the pride and the joy of creating gourmet meals for our family and friends. A Twist of the Wrist contains 137 quick and delicious gourmet recipes from salads to pasta to meats and desserts, such as: Cumin Shrimp and Chickpea Salad with Roasted Carrots Creamy Corn Soup with Bacon and Cheddar CrostiniOrzo with Dried Porcini Mushrooms, Radicchio, and Aged Balsamic VinegarBoneless Pork Chops, with Creamy Polenta and Fennel PollenSeared Rare Tuna with Tomato-Olive SalsaDulce de Leche Ice Cream Pie with Hot Fudge Sauce, Cajeta, and Salty Spanish Peanuts In addition to Nancy s own creations, she includes recipes concocted with prepared ingredients from some of her chef friends, including Sara Foster, Tom Colicchio, Charlie Trotter, Mario Batali, Suzanne Goin, Ruth Reichl, and Jean-Georges Vongerichten. There is also a pantry section, telling us where to get by the Internet and mail order the best of all things canned, jarred, and bottled. This charming and utterly indispensable cookbook is suited for any type of cook, whether you re an on-the-go gourmand or you just love flavorful, accessible meals at home. A Twist of the Wrist fits perfectly into today s modern lifestyle and is a must-have for the contemporary kitchen.
- Author BiographyNancy Silverton is the author of Nancy Silverton s Pastries from the La Brea Bakery (recipient of Food & Wine Best Cookbook award in 2000), Nancy Silverton s Breads from the La Brea Bakery (nominated for Julia Child and James Beard cookbook awards), Nancy Silverton s Sandwich Book, and Desserts. She will soon be opening a new restaurant in Los Angeles, Mozza, with Mario Batali. She lives in Los Angeles. Carolynn Carreno is a James Beard Award-winning journalist and the coauthor of 100 Ways to Be Pasta (with Wanda and Giovanna Tornabene), Fresh Every Day(with Sara Foster), and Once Upon a Tart (with Frank Mentesana and Jerome Audureau). She lives in Los Angeles and New York.
- Author(s)Nancy Silverton
- PublisherAlfred A. Knopf
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAlfred A. Knopf
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1075 g
- Width219 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Paper over boards,With dust jacket
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $13.00Trending at AU $15.49
- AU $37.35Trending at AU $39.51
- AU $21.55Trending at AU $22.72
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $26.95
- AU $5.75Trending at AU $10.00
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $34.71
- AU $28.85Trending at AU $31.61
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.