Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.02
- AU $69.30Trending at AU $126.46
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.95
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.42
- AU $16.68Trending at AU $22.22
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.31
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.55
About this product
- DescriptionBrenda Currey Lewis was a typical, active child. But when she was seven years old her life changed dramatically. Generalized dystonia (dystonia musculorum deformans) turned her muscles against her. This rare neurological movement disorder causes muscle groups to tug and twist the body into abrmal postures. Brenda started walking on the outer edge of her right foot, and within a year she was wheelchair bound. The symptoms gradually spread through most of her body. For almost forty years Brenda has experienced uncontrollable muscle movements that have wreaked havoc in her body, but t her spirit. This is a story of resilience in the face of a little-kwn, confusing, and debilitating condition. The author takes you on a journey from skating rinks to surgical suites, from bicycles to wheelchairs, from doubt to determination. Brenda's quirky sense of humour makes this candid account of life with dystonia a thought-provoking and an entertaining read.
- Author(s)Brenda Currey Lewis
- Date of Publication01/11/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width137 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.