All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'This most welcome reissue must be one of the most compelling and perceptive books of informal literary criticism ever produced,' wrote the critic Elizabeth Young when A Very Great Profession: The Woman's Novel 1914-39 , first published in 1983, was reprinted a few years later. She went on: 'Ranging through a variety of themes such as the Great War, the servant problem, psycho-analysis, sexuality and feminism, Nicola Beauman examines their effects upon the characters created by authors as diverse as Virginia Woolf, EM Delafield and Elir Glyn. An astute critic, she produces an unforgettable picture of the lives of middle-class women during this period (inspired, she says, by Brief Encounter ).'
- Author(s)Nicola Beauman
- PublisherPersephone Books Ltd
- Date of Publication24/04/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPersephone Books Ltd
- Width138 mm
- Height192 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition StatementRevised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $39.95Trending at AU $54.46
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $18.90Trending at AU $23.12
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $55.99
- AU $28.48Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.