A Very Short, Fairly Interesting and Reasonably Cheap Book About International Business by Martyna Sliwa, George Cairns (Paperback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $41.07+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $23.34+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.86
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.84
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.03
- AU $44.96Trending at AU $47.20
- AU $24.91Trending at AU $28.29
- AU $9.81Trending at AU $13.34
About this product
- DescriptionSelected as an Outstanding Academic Title by Choice Magazine, January 2010 Conceived by Chris Grey and written to get you thinking, the Very Short, Fairly Interesting and Reasonably Cheap series offers an informal, conversational, accessible yet sophisticated and critical overview of what you find in conventional textbooks. In International Business, the authors challenge the principles of business in the context of trading blocs, protectionism, and restricted trade; the effects of international governing bodies like the WTO, the IMF and the World Bank; looking at this very big and interesting field with humour and insightfulness. Ideal for Undergraduate students in Business and Management, this text will also appeal to anyone interested in the fast-paced world of International Business.
- Author BiographyGeorge Cairns is Adjunct Professor at QUT Business School, Brisbane. George co-founded and was co-editor of the journal Critical Perspectives on International Business. Throughout his writing, George has adopted a critical stance on the impacts of IB activity on remote and excluded stakeholders, both in the present and the future. Much of his work applies scenario methods to explore possible and possible futures. His studies include a number of journal articles on the ship breaking industry of Bangladesh. George has published in journals including Human Relations, European Journal of Operational Research, Technological Forecasting & Social Change, and Futures. Martyna Sliwa is Professor of Management and Organisation Studies at the University of Essex. Her research interests focus on a range of topics relevant to the employees, managers and other stakeholders of contemporary organisations, especially those operating in the international business environment. Examples of Martyna's recent research projects include: language(s) and power in multinational corporations, transnational professional mobility, and the effects of the intersections of nationality and gender on organisational hierarchies and individual careers of highly skilled professionals. Martyna is currently an Associate Editor of Management Learning. She has published in a variety of journals, for example: the British Journal of Management, Journal of International Business Studies, Management Learning and Organization.
- Author(s)George Cairns,Martyna Sliwa
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication17/09/2008
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleVery Short, Fairly Interesting & Cheap Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Weight204 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.