CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
A Visitor's Guide to the Colonial and Revolutionary South: Includes Delaware, Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi by Robert Foulke, Patricia Foulke (Paperback, 2008)
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $35.57
- AU $34.00Trending at AU $50.55
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $24.93
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $26.18
- AU $21.88Trending at AU $27.52
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.24
- AU $31.80Trending at AU $32.85
About this product
- DescriptionLongtime travel authors Patricia and Robert Foulke traveled throughout Virginia, Kentucky, Washington, D.C., North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida and Mississippi to write this engaging, detailed guide that will appeal to history buffs and armchair travelers alike. From the earliest exploration of the South through the Colonial era, the French and Indian War and the Revolutionary War, up through the aftermath of the War of 1812, the authors delve into the lives of the early settlers struggling to survive in an alien wilderness, their successors who lent their expertise to fashion a new political system, and those who later fought and died to preserve their independence.
- Author BiographyPatricia Foulke has been studying, teaching, writing, and traveling the world for almost 55 years. Along with her husband, she is also the author of guides to important Colonial and Revolutionary sites and events in the Mid-Atlantic and the South. Her travel stories focusing on history, culture, and heritage are widely published in newspapers and magazines. She lives with her husband in Lake George, New York.
- Author(s)Patricia Foulke,Robert Foulke
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication16/12/2008
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Place of PublicationWoodstock
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCountryman Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight540 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.