All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.79
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.66
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.50
About this product
- DescriptionEric Mantle presents the basics of classical theory in a clearand concise manner for all beginning drawing and paintingstudents.
- Author BiographyWhenever art instructor Eric Mantle talks art with his students, he likes to send them home witha drawing that also provides a visual explanation of the idea. One student collected so many of thesethat he told Mantle he had enough to make a book. Taking the student s cue, Mantle assembled his drawings into a unique way to present thefundamental principles of studio art in a clear and concise manner. His book, A Visual Guide to Classical Art Theory, released by Parkhurst Brothers, Publishers, is the result. With more than three decades in the studio and in the classroom, Mantle has designed hisbook to serve as a text for college and high school instructors and students, as well as a reference for professional and amateur artists. As an art student and then later as a college professor, Mantle said, I was always frustratedby instructional books that introduced visual concepts primarily as verbal descriptions accompanied byunclear diagrams. I have written (drawn) a book that explains visual art principles in a primarily visualmanner with a minimal amount of copy.
- Author(s)Eric Mantle,Mr Johnnie Chamberlin
- PublisherParkhurst Brothers Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/08/2009
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintParkhurst Brothers Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width215 mm
- Height267 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.