Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $3.76Trending at AU $7.37
- AU $27.80Trending at AU $30.75
- AU $21.95Trending at AU $26.80
- AU $29.31Trending at AU $31.85
- AU $70.89Trending at AU $79.91
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $15.68
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $26.97
About this product
- DescriptionEve Soumerai recounts her childhood as a Jewish girl growing up in Nazi Berlin, as a teenaged refugee in the United Kingdom, and later as a young adult searching for answers in postwar Germany. This first-person memoir helps students understand the Holocaust and its effects by chronicling the life of an individual who lived through it. Eve's story engages readers as she retells chapters of her life, including memories of a birthday party, Crystal Night, life in England, and losing family and friends. The historical context of the Holocaust and the author's life unifies and clarifies events. This is the first book in the new Voices of Twentieth Century Conflict series for middle and high school students. A series foreword, timeline, glossary, and questions for discussion and reflection pertaining to each chapter are included. Primary documents and original photographs help students to experience being in someone else's shoes, making this book the perfect teaching tool for helping students understand important aspects of the Holocaust.
- Author BiographyEVE NUSSBAUM SOUMERAI is an author, lecturer, teacher, and Holocaust survivor. She is the author of many publications including Human Rights: The Struggle for Freedom, Dignity and Equality (1998) and Daily Life During the Holocaust (Greenwood, 1998), both of which she coauthored with Carol Schulz. CAROL D. SCHULZ has been a teacher of history and English for 24 years. She currently serves as the Language Arts Coordinator for a regional school district in Connecticut.
- Author(s)Carol D. Schulz,Eve Nussbaum Soumerai
- Date of Publication30/10/2003
- SubjectReference & Home Learning
- Series TitleVoices of Twentieth-Century Conflict
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight365 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.