All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFuerteventura is well kwn to tourists for its beaches and its windsurfing. But there is much more to it than this. This book is a passionate account of the island. It is t a guide book but an authoritative account written by someone who really kws the island. It describes the walk over the mountains and remote desert landscapes of the island, referring in particular to wildlife and places of historic interest, but also including personal anecdotes from visits over more than thirty years. The purpose of the book is provide an enthusiastic account of the island, its wildlife and history, as seen through the eyes of someone who really kws the island, but always with the educated layman as the target audience.
- Author BiographyDavid Collins is a lifelong naturalist and a professional ecologist. He graduated with a degree in Biological Sciences from Royal Holloway College, University of London in 1979. The following year he began a field study of the Houbara Bustard, a rare bird of the desert fringe, for which he was awarded a Master of Philosophy. The study was undertaken in Fuerteventura, an island that has fascinated him ever since. David is a founder and past Council member of the Institute of Ecology and Environmental Management. He has worked as a senior government advisor as well as in the private sector.
- Author(s)David Collins
- PublisherHoubara House
- Date of Publication12/12/2013
- SubjectNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Place of PublicationFordham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHoubara House
- Content Note16 mono, 16 colour photographs
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Format DetailsSewn
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $23.42
- AU $30.21Trending at AU $34.60
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.13Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $97.89
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.