All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlpine expert Kev Reylds has spent fifty years exploring mountain landscapes and thirty writing about his experiences. Here he shares some of the high points of a full life as a wanderer and writer. Kev is the leading international authority on many mountain ranges, including the Pyrenees, many regions of the Alps and the Nepal Himalaya. As the author of numerous guides he has inspired many thousands of trekkers to follow in his footsteps. As a lecturer he regularly evokes the mood and majesty of the mountains to spellbound audiences. In this book Kev tells how he set off, aged 21, to explore the Atlas Mountains of Morocco - and never looked back. He abandoned his desk-bound local government job to pursue a life in the mountains, living and working in Britain, Austria and Switzerland before finding his true metier as a writer. These 75 stories capture the joy he has take in exploring the Atlas Mountains, Pyrenees, Alps, Himalaya and 'Other Wild Places' again and again, meeting the local people and the mountain guides, experiencing the local food, faiths and lifestyle and watching the sun rise and set against some of the world's highest peaks from summit bivvies.
- Author BiographyA lifelong passion for mountains drives Kev Reynolds to share his sense of wonder and delight in the natural world through his writing, photography and lecturing. A prolific compiler of guidebooks, Kev has enjoyed a fruitful relationship with Cicerone since the 1970s, producing 50 books - including guides to five major trekking regions of Nepal, and to numerous routes in the European Alps and Pyrenees.
- Author(s)Kev Reynolds
- PublisherCicerone Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2013
- SubjectFishing, Field Sports & Outdoor Activities
- Place of PublicationCumbria
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCicerone Press
- Out-of-print date23/12/2015
- Content Note16 pages of iconic black & white photographs
- Weight320 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $132.35Trending at AU $138.02
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $72.32
- AU $32.92Trending at AU $36.29
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $47.53
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.06
- AU $44.12Trending at AU $50.95
- AU $41.91Trending at AU $51.57
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.