CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.09
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.17
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $117.55
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.59
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $106.99
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.38
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book of poetry chronicles the author's struggle to become fully awake and alive in her life, and as such, speaks to anyone who is looking to be in the moment. As distractions of busy lives and electronic gadgets pull our attention away, this book reminds us to tice the world around us and to listen to our own thoughts and feelings.
- Author BiographyBeth Madison grew up in Stamford, CT, where she began her intense involvement with fine arts, writing and photography as a child and teenager. Her fine art won awards in local fairs and festivals; she wrote poetry and short stories for school publications, and she started her first photography business specializing in informal children's portraits in high school. Ms. Madison continued her art, photography and writing at Sarah Lawrence College. She chose writing for her first career, and moved to New York City. There she worked as a copywriter and later as a marketing writer and communications manager. She also advanced her photography with courses at ICP, studied Japanese at The Japan Society and discovered a love of ethnic food, cooking and restaurant reviewing. After her daughter was born, she moved back to Stamford, CT, where she returned to photography. Madison Photography, LLC specializes in fine art photography of local nature, dog and pet photography, and, again, environmental and studio children's portraits. After the death of her mother, Madison found poetry calling to her as she walked in the woods with her black lab. This book is the collection of poems that drifted in from the trees during that time. Besides her walks in the woods with her dog, she enjoys cycling, kayaking, reading (including young-adult fiction recommended by her daughter), science fiction in many forms, and various time-wasters on the internet. She lives in Stamford, CT with her very patient husband and daughter, and occasionally patient black lab.
- Author(s)Beth Madison
- Date of Publication27/02/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight95 g
- Width133 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.