All listings for this product
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $35.64
- AU $53.95Trending at AU $54.72
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $24.98
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $22.35
- AU $20.41Trending at AU $20.71
- AU $31.81Trending at AU $32.91
- AU $13.95Trending at AU $14.13
About this product
- DescriptionSingapore is a cosmopolitan city with towering skyscrapers and state-of-the-art building techlogy. Nestled within its modern built environment are vestiges of its British colonial past and its cultural history. From its spanking new waterfront to its quaint shophouses and from its temples to its mosques and churches, Singapore is as multifarious architecturally as it is culturally. Architect G. Byrne Bracken captures with his sketches the unique diversity that defines Singapore. Covering favourite places such as Chinatown, the Civic District, Orchard Road, Kampong Glam and the spectacular developments around Marina Bay, this charming sketch-cum-guidebook will enrich your appreciation of Singapore through its distinctive urban landscape. In this 5th edition: 8 new illustrations, including the beautifully restored Capitol Theatre, the new South Beach complex, and the Parkroyal on Pickering Hotel; refined walking routes; and fully updated information on all the latest developments in this fast-changing metropolis.
- Author BiographyDr Gregory Byrne Bracken loves to walk, which he does all across the world. Apart from travelling, he has also lived and worked in London, Paris, Berlin, Bangkok and Singapore. Now based in the Netherlands, where he is an assistant professor of architecture at the Technical University of Delft, Gregory is a well-respected expert on the cities of East and Southeast Asia.
- Author(s)Gregory Byrne Bracken
- PublisherMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Date of Publication08/03/2016
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleWalking Tour Series
- Place of PublicationSingapore
- Country of PublicationSingapore
- ImprintMarshall Cavendish International (Asia) Pte Ltd
- Content Noteblack and white illustrations
- Weight295 g
- Width220 mm
- Height125 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement5th Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.