All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA War of Nerves is a history of military psychiatry in the twentieth century - an authoritative, accessible account drawing on a vast range of diaries, interviews, medical papers, and official records, from doctors as well as from ordinary soldiers. It reaches back to the moment when the techlogies of modern warfare and the disciplines of psychological medicine first confronted each other on the Western Front, and traces their uneasy relationship through the eras of shell shock, combat fatigue, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Author BiographyBen Shephard writes widely on psychiatry and its history. He was a producer on Thames Television's The World at War.
- Author(s)Ben Shephard
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectMilitary History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note17 halftones and 1 line illustration in an 8 page insert
- Weight671 g
- Width144 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Trade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $30.81Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.