All listings for this product
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.82Trending at AU $17.29
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.24
- AU $92.35Trending at AU $103.70
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $70.66
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.45
- AU $23.99Trending at AU $25.67
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $23.62
About this product
- DescriptionEllen Sussman, nationally bestselling author of French Lessons, delivers a feast for the senses in A Wedding in Provence --a moving vel of love, forgiveness, and trust, set among the beaches and vineyards of southern France. When Olivia and Brody drive up to their friend's idyllic inn--nestled in a valley in the Mediterranean town of Cassis--they kw they've chosen the perfect spot for their wedding. The ceremony will be held in the lush garden, and the reception will be a small party of only their closest family and friends. But when Olivia and Brody's guests check in, their peaceful wedding weekend is quickly thrown off balance. The first to arrive is Nell, Olivia's oldest daughter from her first marriage. Impulsive and reckless, she invites a complete stranger--an enigmatic man who is both alluring and a bit dangerous--to be her guest at the wedding. The next is Carly, Olivia's youngest daughter, the responsible and pragmatic one. Away from her demanding job and a strained relationship, she feels an urgent need to cut loose--and for once do something brash and unpredictable. Then there is Jake, Brody's playboy best man, and Fanny, Brody's mother, who is coping with the fallout of her own marriage. And in the middle of it all is Olivia, navigating the dramas, joys, and pitfalls of planning a wedding and starting a new life. A delicious, compelling, and utterly enchanting vel, A Wedding in Provence captures the complex and enduring bonds of family, and our boundless faith in love. Praise for Wedding in Provence Utterly charming and wildly romantic. --Christina Baker Kline, New York Times bestselling author of Orphan Train A lighthearted tale of love, trust, secrets and family . . . Told with intimate authority and against the backdrop of southern France, [ A Wedding in Provence ] brings the countryside to life. -- Bookreporter A rich vel . . . The depth of relationships and histories of the characters, individually and together, make this vel both reflective and hopeful. A great read about what it means to truly stick together through thick and thin. -- RT Book Reviews A couple plans for a low-key wedding in the French countryside and gets anything but: The bride's children from her previous marriage are ready to let loose, and so is the best man. [Ellen] Sussman fills her comedie with plenty of insight about love, loss and intimacy. -- Good Housekeeping With well-drawn characters, beautiful scenery, and challenging emotional terrain, Sussman's latest is a satisfying exploration of family and the enduring power of love. -- Booklist Women's fiction fans will enjoy Sussman's kwing exploration of mother/daughter relationships and the bond between sisters. The vivid descriptions of Provence will whisk the reader away to the Mediterranean tout suite. -- Library Journal From the Hardcover edition.
- Author BiographyEllen Sussman is the nationally bestselling author of The Paradise Guest House, French Lessons, and On a Night Like This. She has two daughters and lives with her husband in Northern California.
- Author(s)Ellen Sussman
- PublisherThorndike Press
- Date of Publication07/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThorndike Press
- Weight612 g
- Width142 mm
- Height218 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
- Edition Statementlarge type edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.